Sunday, August 1, 2010

Serengeti & Polyphonic



I've been a fan of Serengeti since the early 2000's when I first heard him featured on a DJ Crucial project, "Breakfast of Champions". (yes, the 7") Although I wasn't too familiar with Polyphonic, aside from the snippets heard from his 2006 debut album "Abstract Data Ark", I was still interested when I heard the two was producing an album on Anticon Records. "Don't Give Up" was released in 2007 which contains one of my most favorite songs from Serengeti & Polyphonic, "Sunrise". I feel that the album was short lived though & not a lot of people gave it the chance. 2009 came with the release of "Terradactyl", as well as two Serengeti solo projects, "Yoome" & "Friday Night". If I could only recommend one, I would say go pick up "Friday Night". Deconstructed party raps to the max with the help of Hi-Fidel.
Serengeti & Polyphonic stated they will be releasing an Ep entitled "Bells & A Floating World" but still no word of the release date or any signs of promotions. I look at both of these artists as originators but it seems like they haven't had the best of luck together. I'm still looking forward to hearing the new project though, as long as it doesn't turn into the Detox.


Serengeti & Polyphonic "Sunrise"



Serengeti ft. Sufjan Stevens "Blood pt.2"



Serengeti "Dennehy"

1 comment:

  1. Hell yeah I've been a seregeti fan since "dirty Flamingo" way back. He never dissapoints.

    ReplyDelete